Jul 20, 2016

treat yo self

Hi there! On a self imposed social-media break so I'm popping in over here because I need to get my message out there. Create brand awareness. Tell the world etc.

Seriously though - the facetweet hiatus has done wonders for my sanity, especially during the RNC. I could be fretting over you-know-who's latest round of garbagespeak but instead I'm just ... chill. I take my kid to camp in the morning. I get shit done at work. Do a bit of meditation (still trying to figure out if this is helping or if it is all in my ... ahem ... head). Make some dinner with E in the evening. Play some webgames (or phone games). Maybe indulge in a fancy beer or whiskey or gin.

This is good for me, but I do like the social part of social media and I like seeing what peeps are up to. If only there was a way to filter out fraught topics.

The political landscape still casts a dark shadow, but we'll have to nervously slog out that lead over the next few months. In the meantime, I'm just going to remind myself to


No comments: