Jul 12, 2006

Sigh

Mumbai seems to be holding on after the horrible attacks yesterday. People want peace and normalcy more than anything else, and have been very nice about helping each other out. At least this is what I gather from talking to my Granddad.

Of course, this sort of thing makes me wonder about the rationality of bringing a child into this world*. But then I realize that the only way to ensure lasting good is through good old fashioned breeding. The notion of breeding has been virtualized to some extent (memes and viral ideas), but there is nothing wrong with allowing complex systems to evolve in the old fashioned, physical way. Sprinkle in a few simple memes (People reluctant to kill for an abstraction). Push start. Hopefully there will be enough like-minded breeders (and I use the term breeder in an all-inclusive, non-discriminatory, queer-friendly way) out there to help foster in the revolution. My child as a social experiment. Hah!


*Yes, the rumors are true. There will be a little D running around early next year. And I will have plenty more to say about this in the near future. More on this soon ...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

dude...it won't be running yet, early next year :)

shreddd said...

hehe! tru dat. unless of course we end up with super tot.